Household waste recycling sites across the East Riding are all open to give residents the chance to dispose of essential waste. Strict measures are in place and we ask you to abide by new restrictions.
The sites are open seven days a week, from 10am-5pm. Please be aware there may be waiting times.
The health of residents and the workforce remains the priority of East Riding of Yorkshire Council and site managers FCC Environment – therefore everyone entering the sites must follow social distancing measures:
- A limited number of vehicles may be allowed on site. A site will restrict vehicle numbers if they deem it necessary to assist with social distancing on-site.
- Social distancing of 2m should be followed at all times
- Due to health and social distancing reasons, staff on-site will not be able to help carry your waste. You should, therefore, only bring items you can comfortably carry yourself
- If you require assistance to unload a heavy or bulky item from your car, then you can bring an additional person from your household to help unload on site. Please advise the site staff on the gate that this is required
- The sites close at 5pm and any vehicles on-site need to have unloaded all waste by that time. The last entry will be prior to this to ensure this can be done.
The Reuse Shop at the Humberfield Household Waste Recycling Site and the Reuse Electrical Shop at 254 Marfleet Lane, Hull, which both raise money for Dove House Hospice, are both currently closed.
You can also donate unwanted items for the shops at any of the 10 household waste recycling sites.
Unwanted electrical items still in working order and good condition, including fridges, freezers, washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, electric cookers and microwaves are currently unable to be collected for free for the Reuse Electrical Shop.
This service will resume as soon as we are able to offer it.
For more information about donating your unwanted electricals and arranging a collection, please call (01482) 710284 or: