In addition to sharing within the council information about children, young people and their families, it may sometimes also be necessary to share information with external organisations.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside of East Riding of Yorkshire Council without your consent unless required to do so by law in delivering our statutory functions, or such actions are necessary for safeguarding children or to deliver the services which you have requested.
Our statutory functions include responsibility for public health and may require the sharing of relevant information with bodies such as NHS and voluntary organisations to support the health, wellbeing and care needs of children and young people.
We are also required to pass on some information to the Department for Education (DfE) and any partner agencies with whom the DfE may work. The DfE uses this to help with policy formation, performance management and funding, examination data and analysis and to assist with the development of good practice.
Schools and settings may also be required to pass information to the council, other schools and the DfE in order to deliver services and to comply with statutory requirements.
Below is a list of parties with whom we regularly share information:
- Schools and settings - To support the inclusion of those children and young people with SEND, children looked after and those missing education
- Academies - To support the inclusion of those children and young people with SEND, children looked after and those missing education
- Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) - To support and provide health services to children and young people
- Department of Education (DfE) - To inform local funding allocations
- Service Providers - To commission provision for children and young people.
- Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) Writing Companies - The role of the plan writing company is to pre-populate the plan template by extracting the relevant information contained in the annual review paperwork. The company does not generate any information, neither do they make any recommendations or decisions. Any plans amended by the company are produced only in draft. All information is reviewed for its accuracy and all plans are subject to quality assurance and finalised by our SEN Team.
* The word ‘setting’ is used to include: early years providers, schools, academies, colleges and post-16 providers.