The 0-25 SEND Team is based at The Hub School and Specialist Services building in Anlaby and includes the Children's Social Work Team (0-25) (previously known as the Children's Disability Team), and three area teams comprising Intensive Family Co-ordinators, Family Co-ordinators, Family Co-ordinators (Portage) and SEND Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) Officers.
The aim of the team is to provide a key worker role and offer support to families of children and young people with an Education Health and Care Plan who require family support relating to the child’s special educational needs and/or disability. The team may also be able to offer support to families who are struggling and who have a child at SEN Support and who are finding it difficult to cope.
Support provided by the team can include (but is not limited to):
• being a point of regular and consistent contact for the child/young person and parents/carers.
• co-ordinating services and practitioners around the child/young preson and family.
• support the child/young person and parent/carers to access universal & targeted support being inclusion focused.
• undertake statutory Social Care assessments.
• care planning alongside the child/young person and parent/carers
• reviewing the child/young person’s needs alongside parent/carers.
• coordinating & setting up care packages.
• specific bespoke support based on the child’s assessed needs.
• providing information and signposting where necessary.
• providing emotional and practical support as required as part of a trusting relationship.
• enabling and empowering the child/young person and their parents/carers to make decisions and where appropriate to make effective use of a personal budget.
• facilitating multi-agency meetings or attending Team around the Family Meetings, annual reviews, Children Looked After reviews and Case Conferences.
• providing information, advice and guidance.
• supporting young people and families to prepare for adulthood.